Fire Fighting Level 1:
Basic Fire Prevention and Protection
Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Why is fire prevention and protection awareness so important?
Each year personal and organizational losses from fire, injuries and deaths amount to billions of Rands. Employees are constantly exposed to the risks of fires and explosions at work, all because they are not adequately trained to recognize these dangers, hazards and risks. Employers are required by law to ensure that every employee fully comprehends and follows the correct procedures at all times. FIRETRAC can assist with the reduction or, ultimately, the elimination of losses from fires.
- Module 1 – Course introduction
- Module 2 – Intro to Chemistry of Fire
- Module 3 – Intro to Fire Prevention
- Module 4 – Intro to Fire Protection
- Module 5 – Intro to Fire Fighting
- Module 6 – Intro to Emergency Planning
- Module 7 – Responding to an Emergency
- Module 8 – Intro to Fire Inspections