About John Hambleton
John has been a life-saver since 1971, involved in various life-saving clubs and institutions throughout his childhood and within his professional career. He attained the Level 6 – Intermediate Life-Support Paramedic level in 1989 through the Western Cape Emergency Medical Services. From 1989 to 1995 he headed up and assisted in developing the ambulance service of the Fire and Emergency Services of the North West Province (former Bophuthatswana).
Since 1995 John has provided first aid training within the public and private sectors and from 2000 has run his own company: Frontline Emergency Care. His training style is very motivational, enabling people to understand the importance of ‘bystander emergency response’ and how they can save lives and treat people by taking the first step at emergency scenes, before an ambulance arrives.
Together with his wife, John is very involved in their local church and community. He is a keen pilot and an accomplished pianist. John and Annick have two daughters.
He is passionate about helping people to spread their wings in life and to become all that God created them to be. His greater goals are to travel the world, motivating and encouraging people wherever he can.
Professional & Personal Credentials
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant – AEA: Level 6 (W.Cape Nov 1989)
. (Health Professions Council of SA. Reg No: 0013137)
- Diploma in Personnel & Training Management – Dip PTM
. (NW Province 1991)
- Basic Ambulance Instructor: Level 5 (W. Cape 1993)
- First Aid Instructor: Levels 1, 2 & 3 (E.Cape 1995)
- Diploma in Practical Theology – Dip PTh:
- His People Bible Institute (W. Cape 2000)
- Code 10 Drivers Licence
- Personal Survival – Gold: Royal National Life Saving Institute, UK
- Life Saving – Bronze Cross: Royal National Life Saving Institute, UK
- Health Professions Council of South Africa
- International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR)
- Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of South Africa
- International Role of Experts – UK